Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Isabelle is very close to coming home. The eye doctor checked her eyes again and determined that she didn't need to go to UVa right away. He will check her eyes again tomorrow (Thursday). This will determine what the next step is. If her eyes are better or no worse, then we should be able to room in on Friday. This means we will stay at the hospital with Isabelle and be in our own room. They have not decided if we will need to room in for one or two nights. Hopefully this is what we get to do. Worse case we will go to UVa for laser surgery and need to stay for a week or two. After all this time what would another week or two be. It would be great to bring Isabelle home this weekend.

She weighs 6lbs 6oz and has been eating on demand. It is great to see her little face without any tubes.


5 comments:

Krista said...

Tell Brooke she looks beautiful. She looks like a little lady. She did a wonderful thing by donating her hair. Isabelle will be home before you know it. I can't wait to see her. She has that lopsided smile just like you. I love it. It looks like she is saying, "Yeah I know I'm cute." Too precious for words.

"The Popham's" said...

I can not look at this beautiful angel without crying.. Isabelle is God's miracle. We can not wait to see all you at the reunion. Love Brookes hair!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for His wonderful miracles. She is beautiful Amy. I am so happy things have been looking up!

Heather said...

Praise God! Michelle and I were just talking about her the other day. We were wondering if she had to go to UVA and of course daddy didn't know. She is a beautiful little girl!

Uncle Larry/Aunt Barb said...

Dave & Amy you have been going through alot lately and I know you are tired. I still believe Isabelle will be the star at the Dugan's reunion. God will honor your patience. Keep holdidng on . It was great to see you all Sunday night at church. Brooke looks like a young lady and as always-beautiful as all four of your children are...love you all