I had intended to write a very encouraging blog today. Isabelle has been doing well. They did a study to see if she was having reflux issues and discovered she did. She began a medicine yesterday. Dave and I gave her a bottle last night and she took all 52mls. She was alert and was lifting her head off of my chest. Isabelle seemed to still be hungry so her nurse gave me another 15 mls. She drank it with no problems. I felt really good about our visit last night.
Today around 11 am Dr. Clawson called to say that we may need to go back to UVa. It seems that Isabelle's left eye is worse and she may need to have laser surgery. Dr. Clawson said that the eye doctor would make a decision and call us. I called my mom and she responded with I will start the prayer chain and then call you back. In the meantime Dr. Clawson called back to say that the eye doctor was going to take another look at noon and consult with Dr. Carter (eye doctor in UVa) then make a decision .
I am very emotional (as usual) and Dave said he would call the doctor. I am to the point where I don't know how much more I can take. I feel we get so close and then Isabelle has another hurdle to overcome.
After the doctor took another look at Isabelle's eyes and consulted with the doctor in UVa they have decided that surgery is not necessary right away. He will take another look on Sunday or Monday morning and see if things have changed. If things are worse we will be going to UVa and may need to stay for two weeks. I hope this is not in God's plan, but if it is we will deal with it.
Please continue to pray for Isabelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I continue to pray for Isabelle and for your strength.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. You know how powerful prayer is. You have so many people that are raising Isabelle name to the Lord. Keep the faith.
Love to you all
I know you don't understand, sometimes we just don't. I do know God promises He will never put on us more than we can handle. I have said many times...God I cannot take anymore but somehow He reveals His self to us, maybe in a word of encoragement, a song, a hug or just in a smile, you feel His arms around you, and you know withot a doubt He is right there beside you because He also promises never to leave us or forsake us. Hold on to that. He loves us....and we love you all
Post a Comment