We have been on a roller coaster ride for the last week and a half. Before we left UVA I thought Isabelle might need blood. She has had a number of transfusions and by looking at her I felt she looked like she needed one. The doctors were keeping an eye on her red blood cell count. It has been low for weeks but she was making her own red blood cells, slowly. She began to have more episodes so the doctors decided to draw blood to check different things. In order to check her levels this meant they had to draw blood. This was t0 much and she needed a blood transfusion. On Thursday she received blood. This brought her levels up but not high enough, so she got her second transfusion Friday morning. Isabelle seemed to be doing ok on Friday, but Saturday was a different story.
On Saturday the doctors stopped Isabelle's feedings. She had blood in her stool and had a red, warm spot on her leg. The area infected was the IV spot from her two blood transfusions. I was told that it could be an infection or belly issues (not tolerating her feedings-NEC). A blood culture and urine culture were started Saturday. Dr. Clawson informed me today that her blood culture has grown something. She isn't positive but they seem to think it is mersa (skin infection). Isabelle was tested for mersa when we came back to Winchester and the results were negative. It seems that she may have gotten it at Winchester. So as a precaution she will be put in an isolation room and will begin a different antibiotic. On the positive side they don't feel that it is her feedings that are the problem. They will begin increaseing her feedings again. Once again Isabelle has another obstacle to overcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
By his stripes we are healed. Keep your trust in the Lord! He has Isabelle in the palms of his hands. Praying for everyone.
Love to you all,
Aunt Krista
Amy, Sorry to hear you and Isabelle had a rough weekend. I pray that things will improve and be figured out quickly. Dawn
I trust that they will find and fix whatever it is. Thinking of you.
Oh, God Bless you guys. I know you probably think this will never end, but remember God's work always ends with someone speaking of the wonderful miracle. This time God's miracle will start with one name Isabelle Choiniere. I will continue to pray for you all. I love you Amy and I will pray for you and Dave to have extra strength to make it through this obstacle. Remember God's children always come out in first place. The Choiniere family will complete this obstacle.
God Bless
Amanda
We are lifting you all up in prayer, keep your faith and know that God is right beside you and He is holding Isabelle in His HUGE hands. We love you all!!
Post a Comment