Isabelle gained 50 grams yesterday, which makes her 3lbs 14ozs. The doctors decided to do trophy feeds for another day. They are going slowly because of her bowel history. Her bowels have digested most of her trophy feeds, but a few didn't get digested real well. Isabelle is trying real hard. She has so many new things happening right now. With feedings, nasal cannula, weekly eye exams and keeping her temperature.
During rounds today the doctors decided to do 3 hours of nasal cannula and then 6 hours CPAP (3-nasal 6 CPAP). Isabelle did a good job. The nurses thinks she does better on the nasal cannula. As to keeping her temperature-the temperature on the isolette was at 37% and has gradually gone down to 30%. When she gets to 28% they will try her in a crib. If she holds her own temperature she will leave her Giraffe (isolette). All these things are important but we just want to get her to full feedings.
When Isabelle is at full feedings we will get transferred back to Winchester and then she can work on the rest. I think Dave is wore out with doing it all. Brooke has spring pictures tomorrow and I told her she should wear her hair down. She thinks daddy should put it in pigtails. He barely has time to comb her hair in the morning. He's not a morning person. None of them are very happy in the morning.
Please continue to pray for Isabelle. The doctors talked about what will happen if she doesn't digest her milk. We don't want to go that direction, so please make it a matter of prayer.
Thanks for the comments. I enjoy reading them. For those of you wondering, the background is a free template. If you click on the logo in the upper left corner it will take you to the website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Amy, So glad to hear things are going in the right direction. I pray it will continue. Hang in there, I'll make it and Dave will too. You may not see it now but this will make your family stronger and closer. Jer. 29:11-13 "Lean on Him" Dawn and family
P.S. If Dave does hair like Nathan does Brooke would be better off without pigtails.
Let go and Let God. He has it all under control. This little girl is a fighter and she will continue to do so. You all are always in my prayers.
Love you all, Aunt Krista
Amy, Great job on the blog...I Love it !!! We are all praying...She is a miracle and I cannot wait until I can hold her...Stay strong and remember you are never alone,,,We love you all
Awesome news :) If you need anything let me know. I am always here to help you out.
This is wonderful news. Love the pictures and video...Keeping you all in my prayers..
Post a Comment