Isabelle has reached 4 pounds. Her weight was 1830 grams, which is almost 4lbs 1 oz. She was a very big girl today. During rounds today the doctors made more changes. At 11am today Isabelle began nasal cannula for 6 hours. She did a great job. When the nurse put her back on the CPAP it took her a little while to adjust. She will be on the CPAP for 3 hours then back to nasal for 6. Isabelle even got to nuzzle at the breast today. It has been 8 very long weeks of pumping or bam, bam as Nolan calls it. She also had her first increased feeding at 11am today. Isabelle is now getting 5ml every 3 hours. When her nurse checked to see what had been digested there was around 1ml left. It's pretty gross to watch, especially today. The milk was partly digested (chunky). Just wanted to share-hope you weren't eating anything. We should be able to tell if the feedings are going well in a couple of days. They are going very slowly. If she is able to digest the 5ml, the amount will go up every 12 hours. So tonight at 11pm she will get 7ml. Full feedings are around 25mls. If all goes well she could be at full feeds the beginning of next week.
I tried to take some pictures today but they were dark. Our new spot needs better lighting. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.
Just a little note--Brooke did wear her hair down for pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
That is SUPER :) Keep growing Isabelle! Can't wait to see more pictures.
I am soooo happy that Isabelle is doing well!! I have been asking about and praying for her since Lisha told me that she was born 3 months early. Having just had my 4th, that hit a little to close to the heart and I was really worried about you guys! I will continue to pray that Isabelle keeps growing like a little weed so you all can be together again soon. Big kudos to Dave for being Mr. Mom! I want to wish everybody well and can't wait to see more pictures! Keep growing Isabelle!!!!
I'm here from Lisha's. I just wanted to let you know that my 11 year old son was born at 28 weeks (2lbs, 5oz. 48 days in NICU). He is totally fine today - he has worn glasses since he was 18 mos old, but other than that, no side effects from his prematurity! He was sent home at 3lbs, 12oz. I'm sure your little sweetie will be home soon!
Isabelle is a fighter!!! Love the updates!! Love you all so much!!
This little girl is in the palms of Gods hands.
She is protected by the blood of the Lamb. You have to remember that you and David are not doing this alone. You have not only your family but others praying for you all on a daily basis. Keep strong! Love to you all
Aunt Krista
Isabelle is doing awesome! Such great news about her feeding. God and his angels will continue to keep Isabelle lifted up and safe.
We love you----Granny & Pa
Post a Comment