Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Student of the Week





Nolan was very excited to tell us he was chosen as the student of the week. He came off the bus with a big smile and said he had something to show me. I am so happy for him. This is a great confidence boost for him.


As I'm sitting here writing my post I here a noise in the room that will one day be the kids play room. I need to take the trash out so I will look in the door from outside. The room is blocked off from the house. I only go out there when I need to do the laundry. With a family of six I should do it every other day but I hate having to go outside to the laundromat (house joke). I thought I was going to see a mouse but we have a bird in the room. Dave wanted to take the plywood down from the kitchen so I wouldn't have to go outside. I hope he sees why I didn't want him to. I didn't think birds would be the problem. The room is the old kitchen. Back when the house was built the kitchen had a dirt floor. Later concrete was poured so when Dave tore the room apart we have a dirt gap between the studs and the concrete floor. This house has lots of things that need to be done and one of these days we will be able to sit back and enjoy it, but right now it is really getting on my nerves. I hate clutter and it is everywhere. Enough about the house.



Here are the new additions to the Choiniere family.

Those of you who know me, know that I'm not a cat person. Dave loves cats and the kids love Granny and Pa's cats. I knew that some day we would probably have a cat. I have told Dave from the beginning that I would deal with my issues but I will not change the litter box. Well when Dave went to New York he came home with 3 kittens. The mother had left them and he just couldn't separate them. They have been staying at Dave's parents house. Granny has been taking care of them. Dave has told the kids that the kittens will come home when he has their playroom finished. I'm not sure when this will be but maybe this will help get things done sooner. The cats will be outside cats but with the weather turning Dave doesn't want them to be outside yet. Nolan has the black one and its name is Sylvester, Brooke named hers Buster and Lily named hers Cow. We tried to get her to change but she said I told you Cow, so Cow it is. Isabelle is to young for a kitten but when she is bigger we will get a dog.
Have a great day!!!!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Tell Nolan that Aunt Krista is very proud of him, and to keep up the good work. The house will never be done because when you think it is finished the men always find something that needs repairing. Believe me I know. But it is worth it in the end. Love the name "COW". Too funny!:) Love you all!

"The Popham's" said...

Way to go Nolan!!!!!! I love this post, it made me laugh!! I love the kittens names, but have to say "Cow" is my favorite!! Love yo guys and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Student of the week :) WOOHOO!! Great job Nolan! :) I know Mommy and Daddy are proud. And I was surprised with the cats lol. They are adorable though! :)