Friday, July 17, 2009

Time is going by so quickly. Isabelle has been home for almost 3 weeks. We have been to the eye doctor and things are looking better. Isabelle is not out of the woods yet, but her eyes are on the right track (doctors words). Today was the last day for our home health nurse. She has been coming two times a week. She would weigh Isabelle and check her temp. Isabelle weighs 8lbs 6ozs. She has been eating a lot and is finally getting use to sleeping in her bassinet. I was getting tired of sleeping on the couch and decided after two and a half weeks we would try the bassinet again. She has done well the last two nights. I guess she is growing up.

Brooke, Nolan and Lily just love their Baby Belle. They have been very good about washing their hands and Brooke is a member of the hand washing police. I put lotion on her ear this morning and when I was done she asked me if I thought I should wash my hands. It is so hard to believe she will be in the second grade.

Monday was the first time that I ventured out with all four kids. I've felt a little tied down with Isabelle's monitor but Monday I didn't have a choice. No one was available to help. Brooke had her dance camp at 9:30 and I couldn't let her down. She has been going around the house practicing Irish step dancing since her recital. Brooke talked us into signing her up for Irish dancing in September. She is so excited.

I asked Nolan to tell me what he did this week other than drive me crazy and he said that I drove him crazy. When I asked him why he said because I won't give him any more chocolate cake or snacks. He has it pretty rough.

We will be getting together tomorrow at my mom's house for my brothers birthday. He turns the big 30 tomorrow. My mom decided to fix him dinner and he requested his favorite. He wants homemade pizza not steak. I was a little disappointed but its not my birthday. I'm looking forward to some family time. I know that Lily will be happy to see her Uncle Jimmy. She calls him on her cell phone all the time.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Normalcy. It sounds like things are getting back to normal as much as it can. So happy to hear that Isabelles eyes are doing much better. I can't wait to hold her. Love to you all

Anonymous said...

great grandma vancour love's baby bells picture she is doing some better today. she is asking how the baby is all of the time. we are so happy that baby bell is doing so good.

"The Popham's" said...

It was such a blessing to see Isabelle at the reunion, it was just more proof of what a Great God we have!! We love you guys!! I have some pictures I will send you of the reunion.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear things are getting back to "normal". Happy birthday to your brother!

Aunt Barb said...

If you ask your Mom to fix a steak dinner for all---you know she would !!!! Good to hear things are going forward for you guys...always in our prayers....I cannot wait until Isabelle can come to church as so many people ask about he all the time ..love you all !!!