Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Isabelle
Yesterday I took Isabelle to the doctor and he was very pleased with her progress. She is a big 18 lbs and 3 1/2 oz. Isabelle's doctor says to give her more baby food. She is technically 10 months but adjusted 7 months. I have been going very slowly with the food. I just didn't want to push to soon. Isabelle watches you when you eat and will move her mouth. It has been so hard deciding when to give her baby food. With my other children they were eating some at seven months but not that much and at 10 months they were eating finger foods. She is making lots of progress, but I would say that I have not helped her in the eating category. We are working on this.
She likes to suck and hold the spoon.
Isabelle is expected to be caught up at age two, developmentally. At this appointment she is now in the 25 percentile uncorrected. Her doctor was so pleased with this. We will go back in two months for her year checkup. Isabelle has also gotten good news about her eyes. Earlier this month the eye specialist said he didn't need to see us for another two years. He said it looks like everything is working as expected.

Nolan
Nolan is having a great time wrestling. Dave is coaching Nolan's group and they enjoy there time together. Nolan has had three meets so far. He has won a few matches by points and has won 2 matches by pins. He just wrestled this Sunday and he got his second pin. His excitement was priceless. Last night at practice he got his gold pin (large gold safety pin) for his match. We had to attach it to his wrestling bag. His next meets are this Saturday and Sunday.


Brooke
Brooke is busy with dance. I got to go into her dance classes last week and she did a great job. They have begun practicing hard for there recital coming up June 12 and 13. Brooke doesn't walk in the house she dance everywhere she goes and has been teaching Lily. For some reason Brooke thinks the rug in the living room is her stage and feels we should watch her dance all the time. Brooke has also been doing a great job wearing her eye patch and it is showing. She has been to the eye doctor two times in the last four months and her eye is improving. So we will go back in a few months to check on the progress.


Lily
Lily by far is the most stubborn of the four kids. We haven't made any progress with using the potty. Everyday when I ask her about using the potty she replies maybe tomorrow. Anyone with any ideas please feel free to let me know. I guess I should be please with her manners. Lily always says, please change me.

As for Dave and myself -nothing new for me, but Dave did start a new job. He has to travel for now but hopefully it won't be to long. So please keep him in your prayers for safe travels.

I hope you have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for an update lol :) Amy K said she ran into you at the store.

I have been thinking about you. Isabelle has grown up so much since I saw you and she this fall. I have Sydney in dance now too. She loves it! Brooke sounds like quite the little teacher :) Nolan looks so grown up on that mat!! As for Lily, she sounds as stubborn as Noah was. I just didn't bring it up till he was asking about it. She will do it when she's ready. But it would be nice to only have one in diapers :) Good luck and we need to catch up!! Love you guys!

Congrats to Dave and his new job!!
Take care of yourself and find some time for you!! It is hard, but you need to do it!

Krista said...

Finally! I know you and the family are super busy. I love reading what you all are up to. Give Belle a huge kiss from me and tell her to keep growing. Nolan give a high five. He looks like he is having way to much fun wrestling. With Brooke you may just have yourself a prima ballarina. Tell her that when we go to Charleston that there is a family friendly Irish Pub that has live Irish music. We have to go. And sweet cheeks Lily, what can you say. She will do it when she is ready. Give everyone a huge kiss and hug including yourself and Dave. Be safe, Dave. We are so proud of you. Super Mom take care of yourself. Love you all!

Aunt Barb/Uncle Larry said...

Sounds like your days are very busy.. I am tired thinking about it. You have such a beautiful family... I love the blog...Love you all !!! Miss you all also !!!

"The Popham's" said...

Love the updates!! Everyone is growing up so much. I agree with Krista "super mom" is the best title for you!! You inspire me! Love you all!!!