Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back To School




This year has been a lot easier for me, since I'm not working. I was able to go to orientation and even got to put Nolan and Brooke on the bus. Nolan is in kindergarten and Brooke is in Second grade. I just can't believe how much time has passed.


Nolan couldn't wait for school to begin, but he was very relaxed about it. He just wanted to see his preschool buddies. Brooke on the other hand couldn't go to sleep and then she woke up at 1:30 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. At 6 o'clock she was ready to begin the day. She was just so excited.

Brooke was like a mother hen with Nolan. She made sure he was sitting with her and told him she would walk him to his classroom. Daddy gave them both a job on the way to school. They had to look in the fields for deer. They are the first kids on the bus in the morning and the last ones off in the afternoon.

Nolan had a great day and so did Brooke. Brooke did have a little drama. She didn't realize her morning work had fallen off her desk and didn't have it finished when they were checking it. She had to use a red pen to finish the word search with the class. She wasn't to happy about that. After I told her it was not a big deal and we would just throw the word search away she was ok. She didn't want Daddy asking about the red pen. She tries to be perfect with everything but word searches are not her thing.

Lily enjoys watching and waiting for the bus. She waves goodbye to them and then she will ask me where they are. I think she is enjoying having all the toys to herself. It has been pretty quiet around here. I am working on the clutter around the house. It's easier to get rid of stuff when you don't have helpers who want to keep everything.

Isabelle has been doing great. She continues to be her feisty little self. We take her to the doctor tomorrow. Dave will actually get to come with us, since he has been working four 10 hour days. I enjoy getting to spend time with him. He has had a few Friday's off, but this is the first one that we get to do something. Usually he is doing other side jobs. I have the best husband. He is working hard so that I can stay home. I hope he knows how much I appreciate it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly by!! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Brooke and Nolan have grown so much, but they look so small beside the bus. Enjoy your time with Dave on his days off. We are truely blessed to have such hard working husbands! Take care.

Love, Dawn

Aunt Barb said...

I too am glad to here that your days are going well. I can see Brooke taking care of Nolan. Their smiles look they are excited. Lily is probably enjoying her days too. So glad the baby is doing well.Love you all !!

Krista said...

How time flies. It seems like yesterday they were babies. They are so grown up. You and David have some awesome children. They are very lucky to have such wonderful parents. So glad to see Isabelle last Sun and how great she looks. Love to you all, Aunt Krista

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are getting this chance to stay home. I am sure Dave knows how much you appreciate it. And I am sure he is loving having you at home with the girls and getting to see the others do things you normally wouldn't get to do. I am so grateful to be you this year and take over your classroom, as I needed a much needed break. lol. The kids look so grown up! Enjoy every moment home and God bless all of you :) I miss you tons. PS your #1 and #2 songs on here are my 2 favorites EVER!

Anonymous said...

OH MY I chuckled so hard at your comment HA!!! I almost did fall out of bed and I realized the Amy was you!! lol. I could not have just jumped back into teaching if it weren't for helping you out! Your classroom is still as organized as ever. (except the large cabinet which looks like things were just tossed into at the end of the year). I kept most things were they were so it is all the way you left it. Singer took good care of your plants over the summer. She was a doll!! The kids are asking about you. I tell them that you are enjoying your kids for the year and you are thinking of them too. lol lol. Maybe hahahahahaha. I miss you too. Email or comment anytime!! If you are ever interested in getting out you are always invited to grab some drinks with we moms in stonebridge!! Miss you tons. Kisses to all of you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.